Sunday, January 3, 2010

Right of Center


Imagine that! A conservative "Biker". I am neither radical nor fanatical but as a rule believe that those that are should be summarily dismissed without recourse. I have been a Critical Care Flight Paramedic for 13 years and a Ground Paramedic for over 15 years. I have also been a volunteer Fire Fighter for nearly 20 years. I have previously worked in the high tech industry and have made my living at many things to include Auto and Industrial mechanics, construction etc. I know that there are some things that I am not capable of doing well. I also know that I have not come across any of them yet. "Winners Never Quit, Quitters Never Win!"




At age 35, all of which were as a bachelor, I married into a ready made family of a wife, 4 kids and a mother-in-law. Proof enough that at least some men just aren't very bright. Talk about "Culture Shock"!! Actually though I have done well and am quite proud of our children. Not mine biologically but in every other respect, there are.



There have been many people in my life whom are in some degree responsible for my unusually large number of experiences and capabilities. Some seem to have come about naturally while others were a little more challenging. My wife likes to suggest that it might be "Attention Deficit Hyper Activity Disorder" that she swears I have. Maybe so but either way, I enjoy life and try hard to see and do it all as apposed to thinking about how great it would be if I did.

While I love to do things just for me, like the flying, scuba diving, biker, boating, fishing, and EMS medicine, the later is truly a passion for me. I was quite lucky to find that I can hold my own in the face of catastrophe and assist those in need as they navigate the many different "emergencies" that they find themselves in from time to time. In short.... I love helping my fellow man. It seems only fair to me as there are so many that have helped me get to where I am today. I am glad that they were there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home